Tara Gentile is a business strategist & coach for creatives, idea people, and professionals who want to leverage their Quiet Power and devise a strategy for growth without the heartache or hassle. She’s the author of The Art of Earning and Quiet Power Strategy.
The types of problems that ideas based business owners have are :-
- often they are more passionate about idea itself and don’t necessarily love the business
- huge pricing problems – undervalue themselves
- self employment mindset not business mindset.
Be the message bearer.
The change mindset – step back – make a plan to do something different.
The phrase – “charge what you are worth” – disagree with as you’re worth has not limit.
Need to have precise positioning. It is counter intuitive. Do less to achieve more.
Better is not better – different is better.
Price tells a story.
Focus on value. Value is transformation. Value is change. Need to get clearer on what change is. Be clear on the before and after that is as result of what you do.
Communication of value – observe your customers in their market. How do they feel, think, say and do.
Very few people take time to understand how their customers are thinking.
Need to test your prices. We have assumptions about price but need to look to wider.
Too often ideas based business owners focus on vanity metrics. Instead they need to streamline how the business creates, delivers and exchanges value.
- Getting conversation right around value (before / after)
- Make a date to step back and make a plan
- Take another look at pricing. What story are you telling?
Tara Gentile website – taragentile.com
Twitter – @taragentile
Facebook – Tara’s Page