Steve Pipe of AVN Group joins Steve Major on the podcast.
Steve is a best-selling author, dynamic speaker and founder of Accountants Changing the World. His books include ‘The world’s most inspiring accountants’, ‘Your blueprint for a better accountancy practice’, ‘How to build a better business’ and ‘The UK’s best accountancy practices’, which ICAEW President Mark Spofforth describes on the dust jacket as ‘brilliant’. Steve is the Founder and Head of Research at AVN. AVN is an association of over 200 proactive UK accountancy firms, which was named as one of the 100 most visionary businesses in the UK in the inaugural Vision 100 Index.
Accountants are at the core of the business world.
Challenges for the accountant are technology and the fact that clients are demanding so much more. But the biggest challenge is with pricing. Vast majority of accountants are not happy with the pricing they are achieving. There is no doubt that there are some accountants who are just coasting to retirement – inertia.
The opportunity for accountants are :-
- to become experts in new automation technology
- by using cloud accounting results in better data and thus can help business owners with making smart decisions.
Accountants can and are having a huge impact – The World’s most Inspiring Accountants
4 Types of Services :-
- Core services – appropriate accounting system
- Advanced services – KPI & automation
- Specialist services
- Humanitarian services
Impact – huge financial impact. Change lives.
Pricing – most make the statement that can’t put prices up which is just plaining wrong. There is no such thing as market price.
Prices are a choice.
- Start believing in your self
- Focus practice on skills and systems
- Collect stories of difference Making
- Share stories
- Start pricing according to value
Steve Pipe – website – stevepipe.com