Michael Port is the author of six books and a New York Times best-selling author. The Boston Globe commented, “He is an uncommonly honest author.” He has been called a marketing guru by the Wall Street Journal and a sales guru by The Financial Times. His seventh book, Steal the Show, has just been released. In this episode we will talk about how to Steal the Show with Value.
Acting is a model. Good performance is an authentic behaviour in a manufactured situation.
Authentic – really understand self. Be comfortable who we are. Not trying to be good. Focus on being helpful.
- First identify big idea – does not have to be different to be different. Martin Luther King – not a new idea but new idea in its time.
- What is the promise – what is result
- Can you demonstrate how the world looks to them
- Can you demonstrate consequences of not doing it
- Numerical framework
- Chronological framework
- Problem / solution framework
- Compare and contrast framework
- Modular framework
People buy express to their values. Take focus off ourselves.
- know where to marketing
- word spread faster
Speaking – given expert status. Build trust
Rehearsal is powerful.
Website – Michaelport.com
Twitter – @michaelport