Brian Casel specializes in launching and bootstrapping businesses. He is the author of Productize, a course to help freelancers turn their custom services into products. He also runs Audienceops helps software companies grow their audience, their email list, and customer-base with done-for-you content marketing.
Hourly billing not focused on problem, solution and value.
Hourly billing leads to or famine.
Project billing same as time for money.
When start to focus you have something to sell.
Focus on one customer to serve. Focus on one ideal problem to solve.
Can only be properly positioned when narrowed the focus of what you do.
Developing Productised Services
How – Client
– who are best clients
– which network or groups of people are you connected to.
– who is spending on high value problems
How – Problems
– Review what questions they are asking
– What are the key requirements.
– What is worth for problem to go away.
Focus on mechanics of services. Standardize as much as possible.
Document everything you are doing.
Create first offer and then design each tier around target segment.
1. Who do you want to serve?
2. Identify one aspect of your service – problem – solution
3. Document what you are doing.