Illise Benun of Marketing Mentor joined us this week. Illise works with creative professional and freelancers to get better clients, bigger budgets and better projects.
Creative professionals don’t see themselves as business people, don’t have business training.
1. pigeonhole yourself before the market pigeonholes you.
2. Antidote to increased competition
It is a process to develop a niche. Require outreach to a market. Start by building on existing foundation.
Become entrenched in niche, be seen as the go to resource. It is not marketing but rather feeling like part of the community.
2. Connect – network
3. Cultivate – email marketing
4. Credibiltate – (Illise’s new word) – positioned as expert.
Proposals – mistakes – Doing a proposal to early and not focusing on the customer.
Essence of pricing
1. Determine how much you must charge
2. Find out how much they can pay.
3. Determine ultimate price.
Take focus off yourself. Focus on others.
Illse Benen – Marketing Mentor
Special listener offers from Illse –
If you want your clients to pick you, you need to pick a niche. For more on how, watch the video on youtube and download the worksheet from the Pick a Niche Kit, Is Your Market Viable? http://bit.ly/Viablemarket.
Listens get a 10% discount with the promo code: “QUICKTIPBONUS”